Quality Assessment Council for Higher Education
EKKA Quality Assessment Council for Higher Education is comprised of experts in the fields of higher education and quality assessment of higher education. No more than two members from the same university, institution of professional higher education, research and development institution, registered professional association, association of employers or association of Student Bodies may belong to the Council.
Members of the Council are independent in their activities; in the Council they do not represent either the interests of the organisation who presented their candidacy or the interests of their employer. Members of the Council shall confirm the obligation to maintain the confidentiality of information that has become known to them by reason of their membership in the Council and the lack of conflicts of interests by signing a relevant declaration.
The Assessment Council includes at least one expert from each broad area of studies.
Council’s main functions
- approve EKKA’s annual action plan
- approve the composition of expert committees for transitional evaluation of study programme groups, quality assessment of study programme groups, and institutional accreditation of higher education institutions
- make proposals to the Minister of Education and Research to grant educational institutions the right to conduct studies
- make decisions on institutional accreditation of higher education institutions and on quality assessment of their study programme groups
- decide on EKKA’s participation in international cooperation networks related to quality of higher education and on the membership of international organisations
Current membership of the Council
The current Council members are:
|Tõnu Meidla (Chair)||University of Tartu, Professor|
|Maaja-Katrin Kerem (Vice-Chair)||The Estonian Qualifications Authority, Member of the Board|
|Ain Aaviksoo||Ministry of Social Affairs, Vice-Chancellor|
|Krista Jaakson||University of Tartu, Researcher, Vice-Dean of Faculty of Economics|
|Kadri Karp||Estonian University of Life Sciences, Professor|
|Tauno Otto||Tallinn University of Technology, Professor, Dean of Faculty of Mechanical Engineering|
|Katrin Poom-Valickis||Tallinn University, Associate professor|
|Jaanus Pöial||The Estonian IT College, Associate professor|
|Katrina Koppel||European Student Union|
|Liina Siib||Estonian Academy of Arts, Professor|
|Ants Sild||Baltic Computer Systems, Director|
|Alari Purju||Tallinn University of Technology, Professor|
Secretary of the Council is Mr. Hillar Bauman (EKKA).