Agency Review of EKKA
As a prerequisite for application to become a member of ENQA and maintain its membership, a quality assurance agency has to undergo an external review against the Standards and Guidelines for Quality Assurance in the European Higher Education Area (ESG). Undergoing this kind of external evaluation is also a requirement for agencies who are included in the European Quality Assurance Register (EQAR).
As EKKA is a full member of ENQA and registered with EQAR since 2013, external review must take place every 5 years.
The review will be based on the following principles:
- The review is an evidence-based process carried out by independent experts.
- The information provided by the agency is assumed to be factually correct unless evidence points to the contrary.
- The review is a process of verification of information provided in the self-assessment report (SAR) and other documentation and the exploration of any matters which are omitted from that documentation.
- The process is transparent, and outputs are published.
- The level of conformity with the ESG required for ENQA membership is that of “substantial compliance”, not rigid adherence.
More information about ENQA reviews can be found on ENQA website.
External review of EKKA in 2017
Visit dates: 9-11 October 2017
Members of the review team:
- Jean Pierre Finance, Professor Emeritus, University of Lorraine, France – Chair, academic (EUA nominee)
- Marion Coy, Higher Education Consultant and President emerita at the Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology, Ireland – Secretary, quality assurance professional (ENQA nominee)
- Ronny Heintze, Commissioner for international affairs, Agency for Quality Assurance through Accreditation of Study Programmes (AQAS), Germany – Quality assurance professional (ENQA nominee)
- Olena Rusnak, Student/Head of National QA Student Experts’ Pool , Ukrainian Association of Student Self-government (UASS) – Ukrainian National Union of Students, Ukraine – Student (ESU nominee)
This review is coordinated by Lindsey Kerber.
External review of EKKA in 2012